- code should follow Code Conventions
- sticking to existing conventions instead of creating new ones
- check whether code be simplified
- check if similar function already exist in the codebase. if so, can it be re-used?
- check if this change adversely impact performance
- when shipping this change, will it just work or will it introduce additional operational overhead due to complicated interface or known bugs?
- check if code is introducing changes on a foundational class or interface. if so, call for design review if needed